Since I founded Frosina some 15 years ago, I have made it a regular practice to produce and post ADVISORIES to Frosina’s website www.frosina.org that would provide a wide range of useful data for Albanian and other immigrants arriving in America. Just below is the most recent Frosina Advisory offering valuable information – much of it Free – about America, health, and other matters of interest and assistance to newcomers.
WINTER-2010 Consumer Information Catalog
Free and Low-cost information from U.S. Government
Albanians and other newcomers to the USA should be aware of the
WINTER-2010 Consumer Information Catalog from the U.S. Government Printing Office that provides data about Americana – Health – Cars and other useful info.
Almost 100 booklets are free of charge (except for a $2.00 service fee to accompany an order) with other costs beginning at 50 cents and up per booklet. Shown below are only a few of the new WINTER-2010 listings along with costs for the new booklets. Multiple copies of some FREE titles are also available – call toll-free 1-888-878-3256 for more information.
1. Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants 101T ($10.00)
This comprehensive guide contains practical information to help immigrants deal with everyday life in the United States, as well as a basic introduction to the U.S. system of government. It also gives new immigrants TIPS on how to get involved in their new communities and exercise their rights as citizens or permanent residents. 122 pp. 2007 USCIS
2. The Constitution of United States & Declaration of Independence
100T ($2.75) Learn more about the foundations of our country’s freedom with the full text of both historic documents. 48 pp. 2006 HOUSE
3. Consumer Action Handbook 568T (FREE) Use this updated guide to get help with consumer purchases, problems, and complaints. Find consumer contacts at hundreds of companies and trade associations; local, state, and federal government agencies; national consumer organizations, and more. 172 pp. 2009 FCIC
4. High Blood Pressure 623T (FREE), Pap Tests 599V (FREE), Mammograms 548V (Free), Cell Phones 509V (FREE), Medicine and Pregnancy 600V (FREE), Buying Contact Lens 543V (FREE), Birth Control Guide 598V (FREE)
5. Buying a Used Car 301V ($1.50), Nine Ways to Lower Auto Insurance 305V ($1.50)
View Catalog listings by punching in Federal Citizen Information Center at www.pueblo.gsa.gov. Mail your order to: FCIC-09D, PO Box 100, Pueblo, CO 81002, or go Internet: order publications online, and save the $2.00 service fee!
Phone: Call toll-free 1 (888) 8PUEBLO to place an order M-F 6 am to 8 pm ET _____________________________________________________________________________________
The Federal Citizen Information Center (FCIC) was established to help Federal agencies and departments develop, promote, and distribute useful consumer information to the public. One of the ways to do this is by publishing a new Consumer Information Catalog four times a year. Each quarter, FCIC searches out the best new consumer publications and reviews those already listed in the Catalog for accuracy.