Author: Mayor’s Health Line
Albanian and other newcomers to the Boston area should take advantage of the Mayor’s Health Line (MHL) which is an information, referral, and advocacy telephone line. Call the MHL for questions or problems relating to:
- Hospital and Health Center Care
- Public Programs for the Uninsured
- Primary Care and Specialty Services
- Prenatal Services and Benefits for Pregnant Women
- Health Coverage for Children
- Private, Non-group Insurance Options for Individuals and Families
- Sites for Breast Cancer Screening, Flu Shots, HIV Testing, and Immunizations
- Social Services, as Needed
- Multilingual Services
All services are confidential.
Health Care for All / (617) 988-3222
Consumer advocacy organization that believes everyone should have the right to health care. Activities include organizing, legislative action, and information and referral.
Division of Health Care Finance and Policy / (617) 988-3222
Free care questions and helpline.
Greater Boston Legal Services / (617) 371-1234
For legal assistance and representation.
Office of Elder Affairs / (617) 635-4646
Information and applications for the Mayor’s Neighborhood Pharmacy Program
Division of Insurance / (617) 521-7777
Handles questions on non-Group insurance.
SHINE (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Elders) / 1-800-436-7757
Managed Care Ombudsman / 1-800-882-2003
Assists consumers in understanding their legal rights and utilizing their HMO’s appeal process.
Telephone any of the above Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.